Hinton Gun Range Rules
- All shooters must have a valid Hinton Fish & Game membership and have membership placard visible in vehicle on-site or be a registered guest of a member: Log book must be signed, $5 fee paid for insurance and member is responsible for conduct of their guest. Maximum 3 visits per guest.
- Children under 18 must be accompanied & supervised by a parent or guardian.
- The first person at the Range automatically becomes the Range Officer; whether he/she is certified. This position and its responsibilities are retained until a certified person appears. The first person shall be responsible for the safety on the Range and upon leaving, at his/her discretion, shall pass the responsibility to another person. He/she may also pass the responsibility to another person for competition or other reasons, but with the agreement of the other person. All commandments must be obeyed.
- All Federal and Provincial Firearm Regulations are to be observed at all times.
- Anyone handling a firearm or bow in an unsafe or careless manner, or failing to comply with the instructions of the Range Officer will be escorted off the Range.
- All firearms shall be transported and stored as per the Firearms Act and Regulations.
- Everyone is required to produce proper documentation upon request by Club Executives: including valid membership, valid firearms license & a current authorization to transport.
- Proper hearing and eye protection must be worn.
- Firearms will be placed only on shooting benches with muzzle pointed downrange, in a rifle rack or in vehicle.
- All firearms shall be open and unloaded when people are downrange.
- Target holders must be within 3 meters of the backstop past 100 yards. Shoot only from firing line.
- Approved targets are to be placed on target holders only, not on uprights or cross-members.
- Approved metal target need to be AR-500 hardened steel with proper caging. No exceptions.
- Approved targets include paper, metal silhouettes, IPSC, cowboy action, trap.
- No shooting of Tannerite, glass, tin cans, rocks, trees, plastic bottles, corks, golf balls, etc.
- No shooting of targets on the ground as ricochets may leave the area.
- Shotgun hulls/brass/shells must be picked up and put in pails.
- No shotguns to be used on Rifle Ranges without prior permission from Range Master.
- First time Trap shooters must have a Trap Club Member coach them on safety rules and procedures of trap shooting.
- On the Trap Range the largest size shot allowed is 7.5
- Trap Range #1 is for coaching and practice only.
- Trap firearms must be open when changing shooting positions & going to & from the Trap Ranges.
- Archery Range rules posted must be followed.
- No alcohol or drugs are permitted on the Range. Persons under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be escorted off the Range.
- No edible materials are to be left in garbage due to wildlife.
- Be aware Outdoor & Indoor Ranges & surrounding areas are under Video Surveillance.
- Treat Club property and building with respect. Theft and vandalism will not be tolerated.
The 4 Rules of Gun Safety
- Treat the firearm as if it is loaded
- Never point the firearm at anything you do not want to shoot
- Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target
- Know your target and what is beyond it
Violation of any of the above and/or general safety rules can be cause for:
- Removal from the grounds
- Revoked or lifetime suspension from the Hinton Fish & Game Association
- Suspension of National Firearms Association insurance
- Theft/Vandalism will be reported to RCMP for criminal charges